[SE] Värmlandstrafik AB månedskort

I min "karriere" på spor i Värmland hadde vi på SJ mange rare seanser med misbruk av Värmlandstrafik sine månedskort og andre terminkort....

En liten utflukt til Astilleros Españoles

Vårvinteren 1992 ble det flere turer til M/S Prinsesse Ragnhild [Color Line] som lå til ombygging ved Astilleros Españoles, i Cadiz....

Med JC 57783 til Roma med tørrfisk

En gang for mange år siden var det en kollega av meg in lastebil bransjen som behøvde akutt nødhjelp med å få av gårde en last med tørrfisk til...

[SE] Det er lenge til SJul

Går alle Tåg på Jul ?
Ja, de fleste tog går på hjul, men ikke riktig alle.
Spørsmålet bærer på en historie fra min tid i Värmland,...

[SE] Mitt siste SJ Team kom i mål, og kaffe får man i SJs Lounge !

Av og til dukker det opp minner fra en hyggelig tid, sammen med hyggelige kolleger ute langs sporene.
Dette bildet ble tatt da vi var kommet i mål...

[SE] Det var dette med Jernbane og Kaffe.

Det var dette med Jernbane og kaffe da.

Jeg er ikke den som er mest flittig til å reise med museumsjernbanene som vi har rundt omkring oss....
X

[CH] Rhaetian Railway details record attempt with world’s longest passenger train

Kollapse
  •  

• [CH] Rhaetian Railway details record attempt with world’s longest passenger train

Rhaetian Railway details record attempt with world’s longest passenger train

Attempting to assemble and run the longest passenger train in the world is not without challenges and obstacles, Swiss operator Rhaetian Railway (RhB) said at a press conference on Wednesday. Among other things, it will require special training, software and communications system, RhB highlighted.

The record attempt is planned for October 29 to mark the 175th anniversary of Swiss operator SBB. RhB aims to assemble 25 Stadler ABe 4/16 ‘Capricorn’ units for a total train length of close to 2,000 metres. RhB will run the train across the iconic six-arched, 65-metre-high Landwasser Viaduct, part of the UNESCO World Heritage Albula Railway.

According to RhB, the mammoth train will require 7 drivers and 21 technicians. Stadler on Wednesday confirmed that it has committed engineers and experts to the project. RhB chief Renato Fasciat said the train will cover a distance of close to 25 kilometres. As the 1,91-kilometre train will only travel at speeds of up to 35 kilometres per hour, the journey is expected to take some 46 minutes. The speed is limited so as to not strain the overhead lines too much.

Simultaneous acceleration
    One of the challenges that RhB will face it that for the attempt to succeed, all 25 trains should accelerate or slow down simultaneously. However, only four trains can be controlled from a single driver’s cab. For this reason, a special intercom system will be installed for the various drivers, who in turn will receive a dedicated training.

Because the record attempt will happen during the day time, other traffic on the railway network will be affected. The Albula tunnel will be closed to traffic for 12 hours, railway traffic between Tiefencastel and Bergün will be down for 2 hours.

The train planned for October will carry 4,450 people on board. Tickets for the journey will go on sale on August 2.

Further reading:

• En gjests Avatar
      Gjest kommenterte
      Redigere en kommentar
      Dette er en test, og for at du kan teste du også, må du gjøre en bekreftelse.
      Hvor langvarig testen blir, det avhenger av flere faktorer, blant annet interessen, og hvordan vi forholder oss til Tema og Hverandre.

• Ronny Maarud
      Ronny Maarud kommenterte
      Redigere en kommentar
      Det er viktig å teste, og jeg tenker at vi kommer til å befinne oss i en testfase minst i et års tid.
    Å legge inn kommentarer er deaktivert.

Trender

Kollapse

• [IT] Jernbaneutbygging i Norditalia
    Green light for Northern Italy rail expansion

The Lombardy Region has greenlit the project for the quadruplication of the rail route between Milano Rogoredo and Pavia, in the North of Italy. The route is part of the line connecting Milan to Genoa.

The project consists of two phases. First, over 260 million euros will be invested in the 11-kilometre section from Milano Rogoredo to Pieve Emanuele, which should be completed by 2026.

The second phase of the project,...
    15-08-22, 09:25
  • [DE] Lønnsom gjenåpning av sidebaner i Tyskland vises i studie
    Benefits accrue from rural railway reopenings, study finds

Reopening rural railways offers an important spectrum of benefits, according to a study commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Housing, Urban Development & Building. These range from positive effects on land use to advantages for local and regional economies, transport, the environment and society.

The Räumliche Effekte reaktivierter Schienenstrecken im ländlichen Raum (Structural Effects of Reactivated Rail...
    15-08-22, 09:13
  • [EU] Forskningstudie viser uutnyttet potensial for nattogsreiser
    New scientific study hints at untapped potential for night trains

If operators of night train services focus on increased levels of comfort and more privacy for travellers, people will be more inclined to use sleeper trains, researchers from consultancy firm Royal HaskoningDHV and Delft University of Technology have found.

In a study published earlier this month, a team of five researchers set out to uncover “if and under which conditions” travellers are willing to...
    15-08-22, 09:20
  • [EG] Talgo awarded Egyptian night train contract
    Talgo awarded Egyptian night train contract

Egyptian National Railways has awarded Talgo a €280m contract to supply seven night train sets and maintain them for 15 years.

The contract was announced on August 9. Talgo expects financing to be put in place in the coming months, and deliveries from its Alava (Rivabellosa) and Madrid (Las Matas) plants in Spain to begin in 2024.

It said the trains would be from the same family as the inter-city coaches it supplying...
    15-08-22, 09:06
  • [CN] A brand new corridor on the table for China and Central Asia
    A brand new corridor on the table for China and Central Asia

A new, Central Asian corridor is on the table, linking China, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan. The possibility of establishing this corridor became the topic of discussion at a recently held meeting between railway companies of the Central Asian countries involved.
    “The sides discussed the organising of a new corridor, China – Kyrgyzstan – Uzbekistan – Afghanistan and establishing mutually-beneficial conditions...
    15-08-22, 09:01
Laster inn kalender...
Laster inn kalender...
Jobber...
X